WELCOME Faye Hall!
So glad you could pop in and share a little about yourself and your writing.
1. What is the theme of the book you are working on?
I write Steamy Historical Romance set in Australia during the 19th century. There’s also a good dash of mystery, suspense and murder.
2. What was/is one of the hardest things about writing one of your books/current manuscript? (Did you or do you want to throw it into the fire like frodo?)
Hardest thing is using Australian slang terms that can be internationally recognised and understood. (We do have some doozies, don’t we?)
3. Because everyone always wants to know. Are you a panster or plotter?
I am both. I always have a rough plan written down but it is ‘subject to change’ constantly. (Hey, what ever works best, right?)
4. How important are reviews to you? Do you get upset when they aren’t favourable? (Like stalk the reviewer and wish they get infested with a thousand fleas.)
Used to get very upset over un-favourable reviews but have learnt that we can’t write to please everybody and that’s alright. And yes reviews are important to me as they let me know what my readers enjoyed/disliked.
5. How do you market your books? (Stand at the top of a building and shout buy my book?)
I rely on online promo for my marketing, though I have done a few local appearances in my hometown.
6. Social Media – Love it or hate it? Where do you hang out the most? Any tips to share?
I have a love/hate relationship with all types of social media, especially twitter. That said I try to be one there at least once a day.
7. What is your favourite motivational phrase or positive saying?
Not sure who wrote it but I’ve always liked “Any writing is good writing and better than no writing.”
If you want to know more about Faye you can find her here at http://www.faye-hall.com
Blurb for latest release
Shrouded Passions by Faye Hall
Murder, lies, deception, and love set in the outback under the Australian sun.
A past of stolen gold, lies, and murder joined their families together. It was a past that Devon Munroy and Lotte Higgins knew nothing about. All they knew was the passion they felt for each other. When Lotte is shot and dies in Devon’s arms, his world is destroyed.
Four years later Devon has married the person his father handpicked for him, but he’s still grieving for the woman he lost. He’s a mere shell of the man he once was, his life having become a drunken haze without meaning. Then he meets a woman who reminds him so much of his lost love it makes his heart ache.
Lotte has been in hiding for years, but when more bodies began turning up around town, all brutally murdered, she knows it’s time to bring down the person who tried to kill her. And Lotte knows who is was—the woman Devon is now married to. Changing her looks in order to keep her true identity hidden, Lotte takes a job in their home, hoping to find some proof of the woman’s crimes. But can she resist Devon when she’s so close to him? And when the truth comes out will Devon be able to forgive her deception?
Books available from http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00DPIMSMW
Past and current titles: http://www.eredsage.com/store/FAYE_HALL.html
Current and upcoming titles: http://beachwalkpress.com/faye-hall/